Friday, June 5, 2015

GIRL POWER

I’m writing and posting this mini-bloggy within minutes of getting back home after going to the Medina Library to return four graphic novels which I had read and enjoyed. It wasn’t until I got to the library that it hit me:

All four of those graphic novels had young female protagonists and two of those were written and drawn by women:

Smile by Raina Telgemeier

Roller Girl
by Victoria Jamieson

Lies in the Dust A Tale of Remorse From the Salem Witch Trials by Jakob Crane and Timothy Decker

Courtney Crumrin: The Final Spell By Ted Naifeh

Four graphic novels. All with young female protagonists.

This is the last time I will be surprised by this.

By the way, from my own Vast Accumulation of Stuff, I just read and loved Bandette Volume Two: Stealers, Keepers! [Dark Horse; $14.99] by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover.

I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment