Monday, February 29, 2016

CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY (March 4)

Following most excellent weekends at Pensacon in Pensacola, Florida and Wizard World Comic Con Cleveland, I will be once again visiting with the very cool Cleveland State University Comic Book Club on Friday, March 4, at 3:30 pm.

Moderated by Roman Macharoni, the Comic Book Club meets in Room 134 of the CSU Main Classroom, 2121 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44115. From Macharoni:

The Main Classroom is the building directly east of the Student Center, at the corner of Euclid and 22nd. There is now a large honors college plaque at the front to make it more distinct. The room we're in is along the rear of the building, at the Chester entrance. There is direct elevator access from there, and we're the second room on the right down that corridor. We'll have a sign up by the door with our flyer as well that day.

Though space might be limited, the event is open to the public. I had a great time on my previous visit with the members of the club being exceedingly kind in regards to my long-winded answers to the questions they asked. I look forward to talking with them and also getting their takes on some of the fascinating new developments in the current comics world.

My next convention appearances will be April:

Saturday, April 2: Gem City Comic Con (Dayton)

Sunday, April 3: Gem City Comic Con (Dayton)

Saturday, April 16: Fantasticon (Toledo)

Sunday, April 17: Fantasticon (Toledo)

******************************

March is coming in like my personal lion. In this bloggy thing of mine, I’ll be posting multi-day convention reports on Pensacon and Wizard World Cleveland. That’s just for starters.

After various delays, I’ll be returning to my Tony’s Tips column at Tales of Wonder. While I fell behind schedule due to personal and technical matters that had to be dealt with, I expect to be caught up by the end of this week. The column runs weekly, but it may run more frequently during the catching-up period.

The blog and the column are just the tips of the Isabella writing iceberg. I’m working on some amazing stuff and will share details with you as soon as I can.

In the meantime, Marvel Masterworks The Champions hit better comics shops everywhere last week with Black Lightning Volume 1 due out by the end of the month. I wrote new introductions for both of these collections of my 1970s work. I think you’ll enjoy them and, yes, I do get a slice of the publishing pie if they sell as well as me, Marvel and DC all hope they sell.

That’s all for now. I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2016 Tony Isabella

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your building has a plague. Nice to know you're entrance is far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leslie. The typo has been fixed.

    ReplyDelete